Saturday, April 14, 2018

How I Overcame My Dread Of Talking About Money From The Pulpit


Why should our approach to meeting financial challenges be any different than our approach to meeting every other challenge?

Pastors fall into one of three groups when it comes to money....

I used to be in the first group of pastors. I hated talking about money. So I did it seldom, poorly and apologetically. Not exactly a recipe for a financially healthy church.

In the last few years I have been able to turn a corner on that. Since I no longer dread teaching on finances, I’m able to do it in a more healthy, balanced, biblical way. It’s become a far more joyful experience, both for me and for the congregation.

So, how did this change come about? How did I move from the majority who dread the “money talk” to the minority who treat it like any other aspect of our lives? Read More

You May Also Like
One Simple Step Toward a Better Church Budget[Podcast]
E-Giving vs. Old Giving: New Research on Church Donations
7 Reasons Your Church Members Don't Give Like They Could (or Should)
4 Ways to Make More Money (featuring Thom Rainer)

image: factsandtrends.net

No comments: