Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Wednesday's Catch: "7 Reasons Young Men Raised in Church Still Struggle with Church" and More


7 Reasons Young Men Raised in Church Still Struggle with Church

I spend much of my time with seminary students, but I also spend time with young men who have been raised in church, but who aren’t preparing for ministry. Often, I connect with this group when I speak in collegiate ministries or serve as an interim pastor. Many of these young men, I’m learning, struggle with church. Here are some of the reasons why.... Read More

5 Keys To Sorting Through The Crazy And Conflicting Opinions You Hear As A Leader

One of the most challenging tasks of leadership involves sorting through seemingly endless opinions you hear almost every day about pretty much everything. Some of the opinions are crazy. Even the ones that aren’t are conflicting. Read More

A Great Commandment Pastor

The Great Commandments have been familiar to me for as long as I can remember: Love God and your neighbor. About ten years ago I was studying in a remote Arkansas mountain-cabin when God gave me fresh eyes on the text. They immediately brought much needed clarity into my life and ministry. Read More

The Importance of Churches Having Audio Resources

Last week marked the start of a new video series on the blog—Rainer Report. Each Wednesday I’m providing you with a new video specifically geared toward helping you grow a healthy church. I pray that these will encourage and motivate you in your ministry to your church and its community. Read More

Don’t Let Your Children Choose Your Church

People are shopping, and churches are selling. Yet, the statistics continue to point to disturbing trends. “Youth programs and parenting routines designed to pass on religious practice appear to be failing, and 1 in 4 Americans are considered nones today, compared with 12 percent 20 years ago, PRRI reported.” The “none” category is a reflection of what it means to not identify with any religion and it continues to grow. Read More

5 Signs You Are a Mature Christian

The Bible makes it clear that we can grow in our faith and in holiness. It’s not a linear path, in which we are continually helpless and have no part to play. God tells us we can make steps forward in our relationship him, and is always calling us closer, deeper into his ways. Read More

No comments: