Tuesday, September 19, 2017

God Uses Big Leaders In Small Churches


Lakeside Wesleyan Church, in Lakeside, California was the first church I served as a staff member. It was a small church with a big heart, and I learned much from Rich Lauby who was the pastor.

In my eyes, Pastor Rich was a “big leader, ” and his early investment in me made a life changing difference. Under his coaching, I preached my first sermon, did my first hospital visit and led the student ministry.

The significance of a leader and especially the pastor in a small church cannot be overestimated.

Like Pastor Rich, the leader sets the pace for the rest of the pack! He or she sets the vision, takes risks and influences the other leaders and volunteers.

And we all know that next to the favor of God, everything rises and falls on leadership.

In the previous post, I offered Five Helpful Words that focused on the church itself. This post offers Six Helpful Words for the leaders of the church. Read More

Related Articles:
Small Churches Can Do Big Ministry!
5 Qualities of a Small Church That Has a Big Impact

No comments: