Friday, July 28, 2017

The Pastor as a Church Member


“I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me...Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent help for my needs once and again.” - Philippians 4:10,14-16

One of the greatest gifts a congregation can give to a pastor is allowing him and his family to be members of the church. That's right. The pastor and his family are church members. Too many pastors have been crushed by the weight of a congregation unable see the sheep inside the under-shepherd. And too many congregations have been robbed by pastors who refuse to seem themselves as sheep. Read More

Related Articles:
Doing More Harm Than Good
12 Pastoral Commitments (or, How to Pray for Your Pastor)

No comments: