Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Seven Reasons Why Some Churches Should Consider Being Acquired


“I have been involved in 17 church closures where we sold the properties to a secular company.”
Those words grieved me in two ways. First, I grieved that the ministry and mission presence of those 17 churches were no longer realities in their respective communities. Second, I grieved that the properties were no longer being used for local church ministries.

This post is not about a pleasant topic. It’s about churches that have declined to the point where their near term future is in doubt. And it’s about churches seriously considering allowing another church to takeover their property. It’s about churches going down the difficult but noble path of being acquired by another church. Allow me to elaborate with seven reasons why churches should consider this option. Read More

No comments: